Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Caramel Apple Dip - YUM!



Thought I would share one of my favorite recipes.........I am asked to bring this dip almost everywhere I go. It is so deliCIO and the best thing - it is easy peasy!

First: Cut up about 5 apples into slices, leave skin on. Then soak apple slices in a big bowl of 7-Up or Sprite (this prevents them turning brown).

Next: Spread 8 oz. of cream cheese on a plate or platter. (Side note: make sure your plate is extra pretty, you see the dip won't last long and everyone will see your plate) Cover the cream cheese with a caramel spread (I use Marzetti's which is found in the produce department at the market). Then sprinkle a very generous amount of crushed up Heath Candy Bar over the top. You can either take out some aggression and smash this up yourself or they do sell it already crumbled near the chocolate chips.

Last: Arrange apple slices around dip and serve!!

Results: A very easy very pleasing dessert loved by all.

Side Effects: 100% Addicting!!!

No comments:

About Me

I have been very happily married to my "kindergarten sweetheart" for 20 years............well we actually didn't start dating until we were in our 20's...... Together we have 6 wonderful children. They are 17, 16, 15, 14, 10 and 8. Although, we have moved around often, I am hopeful that we are now settled back home in Michigan.