Friday, October 22, 2010

Mangia!


Recently i have been asked by a LOT of people about my pasta!!



i grew up in an italian family where the sauce was made from scratch and sundays meant: going to church, going to grandma's with all my aunts, uncles and cousins, eating pasta and sausage, playing penny poker and having a lunch meat platter for dessert!



i loved those days. the food, the family and the fun - good memories! unfortunately, this tradition did not last for many reasons - family relocations, deaths and the busy schedules that we all have nowadays.



because of my busy schedule, i didn't always have time to make the sauce the way grandma did, so i took a shortcut. after may attempts i came up with a winner.



and to my delight, my pasta sauce is a big hit with everyone who tries it.



so i am ready to share my "cheatin" sauce recipe:



3 TBSP of EVOO

3 garlic cloves

2 lbs. ground chuck

1 large jar of Prego Traditional Sauce
(i get the super huge jars from costco)

1 15 oz. can tomato sauce

1/4 cup of sugar



In a large pot simmer EVVO and garlic. When just starting to brown (about 2 minutes) add the meat. Cook meat and drain. Return meat to pot, add Prego, tomato Sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil. And simmer, simmer, simmer - the longer the better.



that's it!!! easy and delicious.








6 comments:

High Street Cottage said...

This is hysterical, my brother and I were just talking about Sunday Gravy! I use Prego Traditional for my cheat sauce too! I can make from scratch also, but cheat now and then. I do season it up, and put my own special seasoning in, my family loves, even my Mom used to say when she was alive that she preferred mine over hers, which I took as a huge compliment. This post of yours brings back fond memories, tami from the high street cottage

outlook hosting said...

That looks yummy to me!!

Durante said...

come back, I want you to write again!

Unknown said...

Thiet ke nha
Thiet ke nha dep
Nha Pho Dep
biet thu dep
Noi That Dep

tushar soni said...

buy furniture online singapore
buy furniture online singapore

pierciiiiing said...

Dolphin Piercing

Stud Piercing

Eyeball Piercing

Hip Piercing


Tragus Piercing

Tragus Piercing


I read such an article, do you think these are correct? Has anyone had it done before?e

About Me

I have been very happily married to my "kindergarten sweetheart" for 20 years............well we actually didn't start dating until we were in our 20's...... Together we have 6 wonderful children. They are 17, 16, 15, 14, 10 and 8. Although, we have moved around often, I am hopeful that we are now settled back home in Michigan.