Thursday, January 1, 2009

Peppers and Goats Cheese

This is a recipe that I got from my friend Kate - she is from Australia and is an awesome cook. I have brought this to many parties and it is always a hit. The best part is, it lasts in your fridge forever. It is a staple in my fridge.

I use 6 peppers (2 red, 2 yellow and 2 orange)........take out seeds and cut into small strips and throw into a medium size saucepan.




Add to peppers; 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar and two or three cloves of crushed garlic.



Bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat and cover. Let is simmer on your stove for as long as you possibly can. Bonus: it provides a wonderful aroma in your home.



Let cool and pour into a container - I use a recycled spaghetti sauce jar!




When ready to serve: I pour the desired amount of peppers w/juice in a small bowl and microwave for about one minute. Place a log of goats cheese on a platter. Pour warm peppers over goats cheese. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers So GOOD. Also, makes a great hostess gift!

No comments:

About Me

I have been very happily married to my "kindergarten sweetheart" for 20 years............well we actually didn't start dating until we were in our 20's...... Together we have 6 wonderful children. They are 17, 16, 15, 14, 10 and 8. Although, we have moved around often, I am hopeful that we are now settled back home in Michigan.