Monday, February 9, 2009

I made a Chalkboard

and it was really easy! I was looking for something or other down in the storage room and came across a cabinet door. I remembered something I saw in a magazine where they made a chalkboard out of a cabinet door. So I gave it a try. I forgot to take a picture when I first started, but you will get the idea.



Step one: I spray painted the border in an apple green.



Step two: Prepare brush and chalk board paint.

Step three: I taped off the edges of green getting ready to apply chalkboard paint.

Step four: Let it dry ( I think I applied 3 coats of chalkboard paint)



The results: A cute little chalkboard that I will be putting in my craft room once it is completed.












No comments:

About Me

I have been very happily married to my "kindergarten sweetheart" for 20 years............well we actually didn't start dating until we were in our 20's...... Together we have 6 wonderful children. They are 17, 16, 15, 14, 10 and 8. Although, we have moved around often, I am hopeful that we are now settled back home in Michigan.