Saturday, May 30, 2009

afternoon delight


This has to be the most refreshing drink ever!!! I am not even a big fan of "rosemary". I had a glass of this today and then another. I love it - this will be my cocktail of choice on hot summer days (no worries, it is alcohol free)....
Rosemary Lemonade
(makes 6 cups)
5 c water
1 c sugar
1 c fresh rosemary leaves
1/2 c fresh lemon juice

Mix sugar and two cups of water in a saucepan and boil gently for five minutes. Add the rosemary, remove the mixture from the heat, and let cool. Strain the liquid into a pitcher and add three cups of water and the fresh lemon juice. Stir well and serve over ice with a sprig of fresh rosemary.

No comments:

About Me

I have been very happily married to my "kindergarten sweetheart" for 20 years............well we actually didn't start dating until we were in our 20's...... Together we have 6 wonderful children. They are 17, 16, 15, 14, 10 and 8. Although, we have moved around often, I am hopeful that we are now settled back home in Michigan.