Friday, August 21, 2009

The icing on the cup...CAKE


I was inspired in NYC by this cupcake place and this cupcake place. So yesterday me and my three girls hit up the cake shop to buy all the necessary things to make "fancy cupcakes". I decided to dig up this old recipe for the best frosting EVER.


I took a cake decorating class about 10 years ago ~ the best thing about this class was getting this recipe. I haven't made it in years, but I decided to make it last night and let me tell you - it is incredible. You must try!!! A few of the ingredients may be hard to find, but if you have a cake supply store nearby, they should carry the white margarine and the almond emulsion....


Donna's Favorite Frosting Recipe


3/4 cup Powdered Coffee Mate

1/2 cup boiling water


*mix together and chill for at least 4 hours.


1 lb. White (uncolored) margarine (cold)

2 cups of Crisco solid shortening


*cream together at low speed until well blended


ADD: 1/2 tsp. Clear vanilla extract

1/2 tsp. Almond Emulsion

ADD: Chilled coffee mate mixture

ADD: 2 lbs. Confectioners Sugar - slowly until well blended


Cream together and let blend at medium speed for 15 minutes (very important).


1 comment:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

mmm... those look pretty and delicious! :)

About Me

I have been very happily married to my "kindergarten sweetheart" for 20 years............well we actually didn't start dating until we were in our 20's...... Together we have 6 wonderful children. They are 17, 16, 15, 14, 10 and 8. Although, we have moved around often, I am hopeful that we are now settled back home in Michigan.